Jason Phillips, a regular guest, has a nice top 10 cloud list for us.
If you have ever wondered is cloud computing is the best thing for your business, there are several advantages that you can consider that other people are taking advantage of to help them. Using services such as online email systems through Google’s Gmail, for instance, is one of the easiest and most efficient moves to the cloud that can see immediate results for your business in several areas. Utilizing Software as a Service (SaaS) models for new business functionality has many advantages for your business that you can begin seeing right away. Here are ten benefits that your company will begin seeing right away by moving your computing systems to the cloud.
- Cloud computing saves time. Companies that have had to use full software suites in the past that are downloaded and managed directly in their datacenters have had to deal with long installation and configuration times. By utilizing cloud computing, large scale installation rollouts to all of the employee computers in your business, like in the old days, is no longer necessary since it is all hosted online in the Internet cloud.
- Cloud computing is more stable. Software bugs and inconsistencies with installation environments over different computers is no longer a problem with cloud computing. Since the software is already installed and accessible through a browser the same way for each of your business users, you no longer have to worry about the software not working correctly with certain user group’s computer configurations or working nicely with your other custom apps.
- Cloud computing is more environmentally responsible. Cloud computing models such as Software as a Service, Internet storage, and cloud based email are all based on economies of scale. This means that the cloud computing vendors typically have a single large datacenter that hosts shared access to its servers to all of its customers. When you consider that each of a cloud’s customers once had to host their own set of servers to host the applications in their own independent datacenters, this is a major cut back in the total number of servers installed in the industry.
- Cloud computing offers cutting edge technology. When you install and manage your own servers and applications, installing and configuring the latest and greatest versions of software is difficult to do base on the amount of time it takes to roll out a new version. With cloud computing, the upgrades are taken care of for you, ensuring that you always have the newest versions.
- Cloud computing mobilizes your workforce. Because cloud apps are all available over a standard browser, you are not tied down to a single desktop, and therefore your workers are not tied to the office.
- Cloud computing is a major consumer trend. Current trends indicate that over sixty nine percent of Internet users utilize some form of cloud computing.
- Cloud computing utilizes new social networks. Social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Linked in are all based on cloud computing principles and can greatly increase your visibility to your clients as well as increase your own productivity in sales and marketing
- Cloud computing offers great options for customized software. Customizing software can be time consuming and a pain when you have to do it yourself. Many cloud based application platforms such as Salesforce.com offer unprecedented levels of customization via elegant customization wizards.
- Cloud computing lets you save on hardware costs. Since all of your applications for the cloud are accessed through a browser, you can let your vendors deal with hardware headaches while you reap the benefits.
- Cloud computing requires less IT staff. Since you do not have to worry about massive hardware installations, rollouts of new software versions, or datacenter management concerns, cloud computing lets you run with a much lighter IT staff.
This post is authorized by Jason Phillips. He is a continuous blogger and an entrepreneur. Apart he owns a company offering hosted crm job works.